The participation is open to full and part-time students of primary and secondary music schools.
The organizer of the competition is Music Association “Muzicki Atelje” from Novi Sad.
The Competition is held from 05 till 11. May 2022 in Sremski Karlovci and Novi Sad.
The competition is public, and the programme is performed by heart.
Subcategory A (candidates born in 2015 and younger)
Subcategory B (candidates born in 2013 and 2014)
Category I (candidates born in 2012)
Category II (candidates born in 2011)
Category III (candidates born in 2010)
Category IV (candidates born in 2009)
Category V (candidates born in 2008)
Category VI (candidates born in 2007)
Category VII (candidates born in 2006)
Category VIII (candidates born in 2005)
Category IX (candidates born in 2004)
Category X (candidates born in 2003)
Category XI (candidates born in 2001 and 2002)
Category XII (candidates born in 2000, 1999 and 1998)
Competitors perform the programme of their choice in the maximum duration:
- Subcategory A and B and Category I and Categories II – up to 8 minutes
Competitors perform I or II and III movement of the concert and a program of their choice:
- Categories III and IV – up to 12 minutes
- Categories V and VI – up to 16 minutes
- Categories VII – up to 18 minutes
- Categories VIII – up to 20 minutes
Competitors perform one movement from the solo partita or sonata of J.S. Bach I or II and III movement and a program of their choice:
- Categories IX – up to 22 minutes
Competitors perform two movements from the solo partita or sonata of J.S. Bach I or II and III movement of the concert and a program of their choice:
- Categories X – up to 24 minutes
Competitors perform I or II and III movement of the concert, two movements from the solo part or sonata of J.S. Bach, and a program of their choice:
- Categories XI – up to 30 minutes
Competitors perform I or II and III movement of the concert, two movements from the solo part or sonata of JS Bach, and a virtuoso piece:
- Categories XII – up to 30 minutes
APPLYING FOR THE COMPETITION
The jury has the right to terminate the competitor who exceeds the minutes and evaluates it based on the performed program until the moment of the interruption.
The application for the participation in the International Gathering of Violinists are submitted electronically by mail email@example.com, or over application form on http://internationalgatheringofviolinists.org
The participation fee For International Gathering Of Violinists for
- Subcategory A and B and Category I, II and III is 3500.00 RSD (For foreign citizens, it is 35 EUR).
- Category IV, V, VI is 4,000,00 RSD ( (For foreign citizens, it is 40 EUR).
- Category VII, VIII, IX, X is 4,500,00 RSD ( (For foreign citizens, it is 45 EUR).
- Category VII, VIII, IX, X is 5,000,00 RSD ( (For foreign citizens, it is 50 EUR).
For payments from abroad, payments are in RSD counter value for EUR of the National Bank of Serbia average exchange rate on the day of payment, and the instructions are here >>>: Payment instructions
Each performer has the right to ask for official accompaniment, which would be paid in the following manner:
- From Subcategory to Category IV – 10 EUR rehearsal + 20 EUR performance (in RSD counter value for EUR of the National Bank of Serbia average exchange rate on the day of payment)
- From Category V to Category XII – 10 EUR rehearsal + 30 EUR performance (in RSD counter value for EUR of the National Bank of Serbia average exchange rate on the day of payment)
Fee for official accompaniment candidates can pay on the day of performance.
Together with the application the candidates should provide: a birth certificate, proof of payment of the participation fee, and the completed application form.
The Deadline of the application submission is by 25.April 2022.
The competition participants are responsible for their own expenses of travel and accommodation in Novi Sad.
In case of cancellation of participation by the candidate – competitor, the participation fee is not refundable.
WORK OF THE JURY
The competitors are evaluated by a jury composed of renowned violin educators. The members of the jury are nominated by the organizer of the competition.
The Jury’s decision is final and irrevocable.
The first ranked pupil in each category, starting from the Subcategory A and B to the Category VI, receives a special award “Ružica Kovač”.
The members of the jury can proclaim laureates by a unanimous decision. The title of a laureate can be held by a pupil with a maximum number of points within a category:
– from the Subcategory A and B to the Category VI
– from the Category VII to the Category XII.
EVALUATION OF COMPETITORS
The number of awards that can be given by the jury in each category is not limited.
The scoring of performers is done by adding points from the score lists and calculating the average score. The number of points needed for the adequate award (prize) is the following:
First Prize: 95-100 points
Second prize: 85 – 94.99 points
Third prize: 75 – 84.99 points
Acknowledgement: 65 – 74.99 points
For all additional information please contact us by mail
The complete composition of the jury will be published at the website of International Gathering Of Violinists.